Data Storyteller uses datasets to build Dashboards, time-to-time use data prep tools to clean data, a more visual person not advanced in JSON & SQL.
Data Architect and Data Shepherd are strategic roles, robust with data cleansing methods, most of the time spend building data flows. They are advanced in using JSON and SQL, ML, and data models for cleansing data.
While preparing data, users need to visualize and keep track of how data transforms at every step. Customers would prefer to have a real-time data preview, a visual schematic representation of how data flows, and a robust cleansing transformation to address vital power users' needs.
How does the graph behave? What is the logic of node placement? How does the user interact with panels and nodes? How does the user prep the data? And etc.
Live Data Previews
• Nodes can not be placed on top of each other;
• The canvas has an infinite grid, and data flows only from left to right, from top to bottom;
• Node types defer by different shapes and colors;
• Multi-selecting nodes for bulk interactions;
• Accessibility and keyboard navigation.
Solving for complex flows
• We’ve consolidated linear, simple transformations into a single node;
• Improved search capabilities;
• Differentiated nodes by colors and shape;
• Improved nodes naming and added annotation capabilities;